Emphasis will be placed on maximum player participation by members of the club. Instruction and recreation will be of more importance than competition. Please see our Rules & Regulations for more details about our club.
ELSC offers the multiple soccer programs, which follow US Soccer youth development guidelines:
1. Kindergarten soccer program - This is a fun clinic style program and comprised of kindergartners (no pre-school or 1st graders please). There is one fall session and a separate spring session. Each session is traditionally 5-6 weeks long one day per week. Registration is required separately for the Fall and Spring sessions.
2. 1st Grade soccer program - Players are 1st graders only who are placed on 1st grade teams that play other ELSC teams in a small sided game format (usually 4v4 with no goal keeper). Season is traditionally 8 weeks in the fall starting after Labor Day, and 6 weeks in the spring starting after Spring Break. There is one "Night under the lights" set of games in the Fall to introduce games and about 5 weekend games on Saturday mornings in the Spring. Practices are twice per week.
3. Recreational soccer program - Players are 2nd-6th grade and placed on school grade level teams that play against other community teams in the East Side Soccer League (ESSL). Players are not encouraged but could play up a grade but may not play down an grade. Season is traditionally 8 games over 8 weeks in the fall starting after Labor Day, and 6 games over 6 weeks in the spring after Spring Break. Games are Saturday mornings. Practices are twice per week.
4. Select soccer program - Players are U10-U19 (under the age of 10-19) placed on teams by a players birth year and grade. Teams play against other community teams in the Capital Area Soccer League (CASL) and occasionally highly skilled teams will compete in the Western Suburban Soccer League (WSSL). Starting in 2016, US Soccer adopted a policy where, all players on Select level teams or higher are placed on teams by calendar birth year (i.e. 1/1 – 12/31). Players may play up a birth year (or two birth year levels with written permission), but may not play down a birth year. Season is traditionally 8 games over 8 weeks in the fall starting after Labor Day, and 8 games over 6 weeks in the spring starting after Spring Break. Games are Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Practices are twice per week.
5. Fall 2020 Training Sessions - The ELSC club will be offering training 2 nights a week Tuesday & Thursday starting Tuesday Sept. 15th and ending Oct 22nd.
*5:50 pm 3rd-5th grade
*6-6:50pm 6th-8th grade
Each session is capped at 60 participants at the East Lansing Soccer Complex. Players will bring their own balls, maintain 6 feet apart at all times during the training session and wear a mask.
The trainings will be set up with safety protocols in place. There will be a limited number of spots available because we have limited space. The fee will be $60/player to cover the field and insurance fees.